Friday, February 29, 2008

"New Family Member Shower"

My teaching teammates threw a "New Family Member Shower" for Lydia and us yesterday after school. It was amazing! Here are my teammates standing near the scrapbook supplies. (Click on any of the photos to see them larger.)
A school parent brought loads of supplies and any guest who wanted to could make a scrapbook page for a book they put together to hold future Lydia photos. My mom brought Lalie to the shower and Lalie and I each made a scrapbook page too. The gift from the staff was a brand new girlie-girl bike that was fabulous! Check out all the streamers and fancy helmet! It even has training wheels already attached.
Here is the way-cute cake and even the presents were a feast for the eyes - look at all those fun bags and colors!

Lalie had a terrific time helping me open presents and even scored a few of her own cool gifts. There were several great matching shirts and outfits for the girls. I can't wait to see them together! I only cried twice reading the cards out loud. I was overwhelmed by the generosity and support of the staff at my school, my family and friends. It was such fun. I think Lydia will love having pictures from the shower (thanks mom!) and I know I will treasure the memories.
P.S. Last night after we got home from the shower, the tickets to Ethiopia had come in the mail!

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

How fun!!!
Kerri and Ruby

Heidi said...

Wow! That looks like a lot of fun. Love the bike! When I read the last line about your plane tickets arriving, though, I got goosebumps. I'm so excited for you!

Karleen said...

What a fun party and to have such great friends. :) She will LOVE the bike!!