Monday, March 3, 2008

Getting Closer!

Less than three weeks from now we will have met Lydia - so hard to believe. Things are happening. On Saturday I got a copy of Lydia's birth certificate in the mail. Today I got email from AAI saying that they will pick us up at the hotel on Monday morning (March 24th) and take us to Lydia's orphanage to get her. We will hopefully be able to arrange a visit with Lydia's aunt and whatever extended family she has for later in the week. I think a social worker at the orphanage will arrange it and travel with us to interpret. If you have any good ideas for questions I should ask Lydia's aunt, let me know. I'll probably do some brainstorming on that long plane ride.

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

How exciting!!! You're almost there.
Kerri and Ruby

Heidi said...

I don't know anything about her family's situation to know if they would have had any money for photos, but I would ask her if she has any baby photos or just ANY photos of Lydia at all when she was younger. My adopted children came home at the ages of 4, 4, and 11 and they hunger for the photos that their siblings born to me have.

Anything at all that can help her connect with her early years such as photos or maybe even an outgrown outfit or shoes that they could share with you would be great to have when she grows up.