





Last week it was at least in the 70s and the girls were playing in the sprinkler. Today we had a little snow this morning, then I decided we should drive up to some real snow before it all melts so Lydia could experience it for the first time. We went up toward Crystal Mountain and saw two moose cross the road on the way up. It was very cool. We parked in a lot where the snow had been piled to clear the lot at the start of a trailhead. That is where these pictures are from. Lydia loved the snow. She crawled around in it, dove in it, smashed many a pile on top of her head, shrieked, and ate some. She also got to see and hold icicles. She wasn't interested in making a snowman but Lalie and I made a little one. Just for the record, there was a big warm coat in the car that Lydia chose not to wear. I did get her to take her skirt off to put pants on but as you can see the jewelry didn't slow her down any. She had those necklaces on the whole time.
On the way up I had let her listen to her music with headphones for awhile. When we got further out into the country and there were baby horses and hills with snow to see I took them from her and boy was she mad. I wanted her to be able to hear us if we saw something of interest and it was a family outing and I thought it was enough of the headphones. Apparently she had her fingers in her ears for awhile until the sight of actual snow on the ground snapped her out of it. On the way back I again let her listen to her headphones for a little while then took them from her. (In hindsight I shouldn't have let her bring them but live and learn.) Lalie and I were singing along to some of the same music she had on her headphones and it seemed silly to take a family trip and have her isolated with her headphones. Also, she kept turning hers up because the car music was on so we could hear her music coming out of the headphones and I knew that meant her volume was way too loud. Again, she was mad and plugged her ears for awhile. I just ignored the fingers in the ears but it was bugging Lalie in the backseat. Pretty soon I peeked at her with my rearview mirror and she had stuffed kleenex in her ears. Later she took a poncho and wrapped it around her head. I made sure she didn't see my smile.
2 comments:
You are an amazing mom, what a fun day! I WATCH my kids in the snow, and Sami and Tsion cannot stand the snow. We took our kids to the indoor batting cages. ;)
Looks like a great time! You must be great to be able to hide your smile. I really struggle with that. :-)
Kerri and Ruby
Post a Comment