Friday, July 25, 2008

Beautiful Boy


My brother Theo called today and after I'd talked for awhile Lydia walked up and asked me, "Who is it? Is it Beautiful Boy?" I said, "No, it's Uncle Theo." Not that he's not a beautiful boy but somehow about two months ago Lydia saw a picture of my other brother Mark at my mom's house and was just raving about him, saying that he was such a beautiful boy. He and his family live in Arizona so she hasn't met him in person yet.

We were walking along a few weeks ago not talking about anything remotely about her Uncle Mark and she said, "Mom, your brother is soooo beautiful!" So, now he's just known as Beautiful Boy around here. Apparently, she got the term Beautiful Boy from her favorite movie, 'Aquamarine'. It's really cute with her accent. Funny thing is that my mother told me that when Mark was born (he's three years younger than me) I used to always say he was the CUTEST baby ever! I don't have a baby picture of him but here's a current picture of him. You can judge for yourself - I guess I'd have to agree that he is still a beautiful boy! (I also couldn't resist getting the John Lennon song 'Beautiful Boy' on iTunes today.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The only reason he was the "cutest baby" is because you didn't get to see me.

Unknown said...

I am going to have sooooooo much fun with this when I visit in August :)