Monday, July 7, 2008

House Deal Falls Through :-(

On Thursday July 3rd, 13 days before closing, the man buying my condo lost his job. He worked for Starbucks which laid off thousands of employees in the US that day. I told my realtor, "Couldn't they have kept him on the books for just two more weeks!" He was immediately trying for a new job and was asking his parents to co-sign for the loan, neither of which came through. He has not formally submitted recision papers but I expect that will probably happen tomorrow unless some miracle happens.

So...my condo is back on the market and so is the house I'm still hoping to buy. Needless to say I'm pretty heartbroken. I've waited through this long weekend worrying about this news and hoping the outcome would be good today but no. Tomorrow I will spend the day power cleaning and trying to re-prepare the house for sale. I had begun to pack and since I had passed the house inspection I stopped worrying about how the house looked. I had purchased a dresser on craigslist for Lydia and it's in the entry way. I'll have to find somewhere to put that now. Most of the things I packed were decorations for the mantel and things that looked like "decor" around the house so that's looking a little sad now and I guess some will come out of their boxes.

I had the movers lined up, a plan for painting with set days, etc. etc. all of which will go down the tubes at this point. However, I am a big believer in fate and though I can't see the reason now, this must be for some purpose that will be better in the long run.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that. I am sure it will work out somehow.

Rachael said...

Oh, Erica, I'm so sorry! What a hassle. I hope things work out soon.

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry. I'm sure something else will come through.