
Today is the day Lydia became a bike rider without training wheels. She'd been working on it with several helpers but hadn't quite gotten it yet. Tonight I put on my tennis shoes and made her switch to tennis shoes from flip flops. I was setting up for a long training session.
We went a short way, turned around and were just getting started again when Lydia said she thought she could do it on her own. I said, "Okay" and let go and she went for quite a ways. I got her started one more time and she was off! She went on down the street and kept going and going and going. She was so proud of herself! We called Nanya to come over and watch the bike riding spectacular then we all took a short walk/bike ride. In the video she says, "I like it when I (like) learn." She mixed up her words and said 'like' instead of 'learn' and then corrected herself. All the neighbors stopped and "ooh-ed" and "aah-ed" and she was pleased about that.
The girls finished tennis camp today. I'm not sure how much tennis they learned but they enjoyed going. Several times this week after tennis, my mom has hit a few tennis balls with them. A million years ago we used to be a tennis family. My dad was the community college tennis coach and my mom played on his team for awhile. They ran a local tennis tournament and my mom taught lessons for several years. We all played through junior high school but I think my little brother (aka 'Beautiful Boy') is the only one in the family who plays anymore. My older brother and I were more involved with swimming instead. We'll see if the girls stick with it.
2 comments:
Look at that girl go!
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby
She seemed so proud of herself! Wow!! How fun... congrats!!
Post a Comment