

I got an email this morning from a woman currently in Ethiopia to pick up her daughter. I was so lucky that she was willing to make a special trip to L.'s orphanage to deliver things for waiting parents like me. She took a letter and photo album to L. to let her know she has a family. Her blog is Esperanza Del Alma in the Links section if you are interested in seeing more of her trip. Here is part of her email: "I met your daughter today and gave her your photo album and our driver translated/read your letter to her. She seems very sweet. :) Her hair appears to be pretty straight and between chin and shoulder length. I got her feet and hand prints and pictures, and will send them when I get back. :) I am so happy for her and for you. :)" I'm so glad to know that L. now knows she has a family and knows a little about us. I'm wondering what she's thinking as she's getting ready for bed right about now in Ethiopia.
3 comments:
Woohoo! How exciting! I'm so glad she now knows she has a family waiting for her!
What a great idea, the letter and album is. Wow, thanks for sharing, Erica and Lalie! I am sure you will all rejoice when you are together settled here.
Finally!! I'm so excited for all of you.
Post a Comment