



We went to Great Wolf Lodge overnight last night with a friend and her daughter. It really was a lot of fun but we both agreed that one night was definitely enough and that this trip would suit us fine for quite a long time in terms of water park trips. But, we were still very glad we went and had a great time. We were in the water for about five hours the day we got there and then about two-and-a-half hours today before we left. By then, everyone was ready to go. We found a great greasy spoon restaurant near the lodge that we went to for dinner and breakfast that was a lot less crowded and much cheaper than the hotel restaurants. We let the girls go to dinner there in their pajamas since we'd all just showered before dinner.
The picture of Lydia talking to the lifeguard is one of my favorites. I feel a little guilty posting it so if you know Lydia don't mention it to her. I don't want her to feel bad about it but I get a chuckle from it. She had just come down the slide and had gotten out at the bottom. The lifeguard was telling her - not for the first time - that she has to wait until they say, "Go!" at the top of the slide before she can go down. Since this was the second time I witnessed him talk to her (and I had clarified it for her after him the first time), that was the end of the big slides for her that day. Luckily it was toward the end of our visit. I was only brave enough to go down those slides twice but Lydia got going on them today since the line was very short for some reason and went down many times.
One of my favorite things there was a huge bucket - I think they said it held 100,000 gallons of water (although my memory fails me quite regularly these days) - which dumps out from the top of the treehouse-like structure of all sorts of water spigots and sprays that takes you up to the top of two slides. About every five minutes or so it would fill up and then tip over showering everyone underneath. I liked to stand right at the bottom where it would come down on your head. The rope Lalie is grabbing on the banana boat pulls up and then squirts water straight up in the air on both sides which comes down on either your head or a co-pilot's head.
House update: We're back to the original closing date of July 16th so actual furniture moving will be July 17th but they will let me in early to paint and do things like that. So, that's all fine with me and it gives me more time to pack which I sure can use. The house inspection is done as well as the appraisal so things are chugging right along now.
2 comments:
Love the pics and can't wait to hear all about the move!
Kerri and Ruby
So, I want to know why one day was enough??? Really?
Post a Comment