Friday, November 28, 2008

Crown

After school a few evenings ago I rushed over to my dental appointment to have my crown seated. My mom took the girls to Tae Kwon Do and I was going to meet them there as soon as I could. They took off the temporary crown and tried the new one on to check the bite. After I bit down on it they couldn't get it back out so they could put the cement on it to seal it. The dentist tried several tools to try to pry it out and the assistant kept drying it with spray air so he could get a grip on it with his gloved hands. Nothing - no budging. They worked at it from many angles for 10 or 15 minutes. Finally, the dentist told the assistant to go heat up some sort of goop which was their last resort in cases like this. As she was doing this, I reached in and worked at the tooth, finally popping it off with my fingers. The dentist was amazed. He said, "In 28 years of dentistry I've never had a patient be able to pull off a crown themselves that I couldn't get out!" I was thinking, "Heck, I've got things to do. I've got to get to Tae Kwon Do, then pick up a package at UPS, then go to the grocery store..."

2 comments:

Leslie said...

The power of a busy mom!! :)

Karen said...

Rest assured that you have a great fitting crown if you couldn't get it off... I am a dental hygienist and it freaks my boss out when that happens, but think how well that crown will be on there when it IS cememted !!!

By the way, I LOVE Lydia's haircut. I have been through the "self haircut" thing with both my daughters, but not to Lydia's extreme... but shorter hair really shows off her beautiful features..