At first we didn't think she spoke or understood much English but I think she was shy and overwhelmed. As the day has gone on she has loosened up a bit and talked and answered a little more. So, I'm still not sure how much English she has but communication is definitely more difficult than I thought it would be.
We are going shopping with a driver tomorrow then will visit Layla House on Wednesday. I will be able to give kids their letters that I brought for other families on that day. On Friday we will go back to Kidane Mehret for a goodbye party for Lydia and we will be able to give letters to KM kids that we brought at that time. Unfortunately my mom forgot the part she needed for her computer to hook up to the Internet in our room so I'm emailing from the business center. That also means I won't be able to upload photos from here as I had hoped I could. Sorry those of you who are waiting for a glimpse of your kids! I will get them to you as soon as we get home.
Lalie's loving having Lydia here. Lalie wants to hold her hand all the time which I don't think Lydia is quite up for but they're doing very well. Lalie introduced Lydia to Nintendo DS and she loves that. She also loves taking pictures with Nanya's camera. She picks up these things VERY quickly and was able to switch back and forth on the camera from taking pictures to viewing pictures in a flash.
I have to go, my time is running out soon. Love to everyone.
5 comments:
Yay! So excited for all of you!!!
Kerri and Ruby
It is wonderful. Can't wait to see you Saturday.
I find it very hard to believe that "your mother" could forget something! I think you should give her lecture number 57 :)
What a wonderful surprise that must have been to get those pieces of Lydia's history! I'm just so thrilled for all of you!
I am so excited, I was finally hooked enough to make a Google/Blogger account. (You know me - slow on the tech-uptake.) Congrats Erica, Lalie, & Lydia!! What a wonderful day. How special it is to have those additional mementos from Lydia's childhood. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday! Yippee!! Vicki
Post a Comment