

My condo has now sold - in only two weeks which is wonderful. I put an offer in on the house I wanted. Since it's a short sale (pre-foreclosure) they wouldn't take a contingent offer until I had sold mine and I also have to wait for the bank where she has her mortgage to OK it. But, the seller signed my offer and it all looks like we'll be moving to this house.
We're going from 1,036 square feet to 1,873 square feet so that will be a big change. The girls will each have their own bedroom and we'll have lots of room downstairs as well. Even the two-car garage will be a luxury. Right now, I usually have the girls get out of the car before pulling into the garage so they can get out more easily. The house is in a cul-de-sac which is great for kid safety and it is only about two blocks from my current home. The girls won't have to change schools and we didn't end up changing counties (the county line is just about four blocks from us). The house needs a little TLC but otherwise is wonderful.
I've been driving by it most nights lately and it looks like we'll have some nice neighbors. I had already chatted with the people closest to us who look to be from India. Then tonight we waved at a friendly black woman getting her mail. So glad there will be diversity in the cul-de-sac! The girls are a little apprehensive to leave our house but I'm very excited. I just love it and know we'll be happy there. If all goes as planned, the closing date for both houses will be July 16.
6 comments:
Congrats on selling your condo and finding a new house! Hope all goes as planned to get moved in.
Kerri and Ruby
Congratulations!!
Congratulations on the new house! It looks really lovely.
Time to get a lawn mower!!!
Wow, I can't believe how fast your house sold. That's great! Your new place looks really nice! Congratulations
It is beautiful! What a fun way to start summer!!! :)
Post a Comment