Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Birthday Girl Turns 9 on a White Christmas


Lalie chose to go to the movie Marley and Me today for her birthday. It was crowded so we sat in the front row which wasn't stellar. The movie was so-so but the popcorn was great.

We always celebrate Lalie's birthday on Christmas night so we had dinner and cake at my mom's with some friends. Lalie loves cooking - thank goodness because I sure don't - so she was helping to make pizza and later decorated her cake. In between playing and eating the girls went out to sled down a small hill outside occasionally.

The snow has been thawing in the daytime but there is so much snow that it will take a long time to melt it all. I've been grateful for my all-wheel-drive to get through the huge piles of snow and slush these last several days. As I write this a light snow is coming down again. I'm too tired to write more (see post below). I'm headed to bed very shortly. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!



2 comments:

Rachael said...

What a fantastic picture of the girls in the snow!! I'm glad Lydia enjoyed her first Christmas in America. Her frenzied gift-opening style sounds very similar to Masho's...

veggiemom said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like it was a great one!