Monday, December 8, 2008
Tooth Fairy - Version II
Lydia lost her first tooth late at night the night before last. This is the first tooth here that she's lost on her own - without it having to be pulled. She said in Ethiopia when kids lose a tooth they throw it behind them onto the roof and a "bird" takes it away. Of course the United States-based tooth fairy was already out flying for the night so she had to wait until last night to put her tooth out. Last night she put it into her special little box and set it out on the table. Cut to 1:30 AM when I was awakened by Lydia coming into my room. Turns out the tooth fairy had brought her a Tinkerbell t-shirt (VERY cute in my opinion!) but it was hard to get too excited by much at 1:30 in the morning. However, she insisted on turning on my bedroom light to show me. By then, both girls were awake and I had to get them both back to bed. In the morning when I woke the girls up, Lydia was clutching her Tinkerbell shirt and sleeping with it. Later she brought her special box in and was perturbed. She said, "I was hoping the tooth fairy would give me a dollar." As she said it she opened the box and she was surprised to see a dollar there. I said, "You didn't think to look in there in the middle of the night?!" "No."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment