Last night I got Lydia's baby pictures out and put them in a frame in our living room. I should have done it months ago. They are so cute. I'm very lucky to have them. There isn't a whole lot more than these four but to be able to see her as a baby is a real treat.
The older girl in the pictures is her cousin Helen. The two women are her aunts. One of them is Helen's mother and Lydia frequently calls her her mother - as well as calling Helen her sister. I don't know who the other two kids are in the picture against the house - probably neighbors. They are standing in front of their family house that we were able to visit while in Ethiopia.
2 comments:
Wow! What a treasure!!!
Simply breathtaking. What a beautiful little girl. You're so fortunate to have baby photos! We have one picture of Rediet (with her face almost completely covered by a blanket) with her mom after she gave birth, and one picture of Masho from maybe three or four years ago, and we treasure them. But at the same time it's heartbreaking because looking at photos like this reminds you of exactly how much our children have left behind or lost entirely.
Post a Comment